8 Tech Companies That Will Revolutionize Your Life
Posted by TechInMotion
Are you struggling on the apartment hunt? Don't know where to park? Don't have a car? Don't want to get off the couch to change the TV channel? Everyday life is full of hurdles, but tech companies in San Francisco are coming to the rescue, and locals got the chance to see how. At Tech in Motion’s September event, more than 200 enthusiasts packed the coworking space Geekdom SF by Rackspace for a night of networking, drinks and demos from 8 startups that could revolutionize our lives. Check out some of the latest products and ideas from these hot tech companies; Ring ZERO, Stitch Fix, Metromile, Getaround, CurbNinja, Lovely, Nommery, AdtoApp, and GroovBooth.
Demo Company Highlights of the Night:
- Want a tech wearable where you can turn on your TV, change a presentation slide, and even control your game? RingZERO is a wearable input device that allows you to control almost anything! During the duration of the event, they kept score for one of the games and the top scoring techie walked home with their very own RingZero.
- Stitch Fix showcased racks of hand-selected clothing that were made to fit specific lifestyle and body shapes based technologies built in-house by the Stitch Fix’s algorithms and engineering teams.
- Another hit of the night was Metromile, who is revolutionizing the auto insurance world with its pay-per-mile model. They had a swag wheel at their booth constantly spinning, so a number of winners walked away sporting some new Metromile gear throughout the night.
- Getaround, past winner of TechCrunch Disrupt and a “top startup to watch” according to the Wall Street Journal, is a local company based in San Francisco that enables peer-to-peer car sharing. Through their app, they've built a unique community where people can locate, rent and unlock great cars simply by using their phones, for as little as $5 an hour. Members can also rent out their whip for a maximum earn of $10,000 per year. Craving a BMW? A Tesla? Check, check.
- CurbNinja knows that parking in the city can be a nightmare for motorcycles and scooters, from tickets to damage to towing. Their platform helps motorbikers find free & paid parking nearby and share new spots with the community. Spots are easy to comprehend and include photos to reduce confusion. All spots tagged have been vetted by riders within the CurbNinja community. The app also conveniently displays all the motorbike-friendly businesses nearby.
- Mobile app revenue tracker AdtoApp presents an innovative solution for better revenues. They aim to double your revenue based on an adjustable algorithm involving the on-going filtering of demand-side buyers by eCPM rate (effective cost per thousand impressions.) The eCPM rate is calculated by dividing total earnings by total number of impressions in thousands. AdtoApp uses their automatic algorithms to mediate the highest eCPM and approach a 100% fill rate.
- Lovely created a new solution to apartment hunting pitfalls. Their product gives users real-time data and innovative tools to help renters find and lease without breaking a sweat. According to Lovely, their work isn’t finished until they can help renters everywhere find the perfect place.
- An algorithm built by Nommery that matches members with fellow diners who are compatible based on interests, personalities and motivation (e.g. they joined Nommery to meet new friends, professional connections and/or romantic partners.) Each member will only see events catering to their specific wants and needs.
- A special appearance by the GroovBooth photo booth brought in attendees to take pictures with friends using cool props like wacky sunglasses and cartoon-staches.