Full Stack Enginner - Node.js
Date:July 11, 2018
City:Brooklyn, New York
Office:Workbridge New York - OSD
This tech job in Brooklyn, New York brought to you by Workbridge
You might not care about what you eat. But if you have a dog, you really care about what they're eating. A subscription based e-commerce startup is disrupting the pet food industry. After decades of big brands failing to improve the quality of their food in an industry with no regulations, constant recalls, and misleading advertising, this startup has positioned themselves as the first ever health focused innovation in the pet food industry. Their proprietary technology creates healthy food for pets that is human-grade and delivered to customers within days of cooking. Meal plans are vet-developed, personalized, and pre-portioned specifically to each pet's unique profile.
The engineering team aims to offer a seamless subscription experience through on-time production, customized products, and best in class customer support. They differ from other e-commerce shops because each customer has a completely unique subscription plan and shipping frequencies. And every individual pack of food is produced for a specific pet, customized with the pet name and date of manufacturing.
Their architecture is backed around a Node.js API and hosted on AWS. The tech stack they use include React, Redux, Node.js, Express.js, PostgreSQL, AWS, Docker, and CircleCI.
You'll interface with 2 web applications:
- Consumer facing website that includes content pages, checkout flow, and end-user subscription management
- Back-office tool that the fulfillment and customer support team use for reporting, customer management, and advanced subscription options.
Some of what the team is working on:
- Predictive Analytics - producing the right amount of food while factoring in current customers and growth rate
- Improving the subscription management portal to minimize customer support tickets
- Creating a dockerized micro-services
- Simplifying the order modification process once it has been billed and supporting partial refunds and billings
Desired Skills Include:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3 years of development experience
- Experience building micro-services