Angular Engineer (Remote for local Chicago Candidates only)
Date:February 11, 2019
Office:Workbridge Chicago - UXD
This tech job in Chicago, California brought to you by Workbridge
Misinformation can be spread across the internet faster than a cold on a city bus. You can join a team that is building an open platform for the collaborative evaluation of online information. It enables discussion or note-taking on top of news, blogs, scientific articles, books, terms of service, ballot initiatives, legislation, regulations and more. They build software, push for standards and interoperability and foster community. You’ll be expected to be comfortable with building things that have never been built before on the web and take ownership of it as well as push for it.
You’d be with a non-profit organization, funded through the generosity of the Knight, Mellon, Shuttleworth, Sloan and Helmsley Foundations– and through the support of hundreds of individuals like yourself that want to see this idea come to fruition. They are partnering broadly with developers, publishers, academic institutions, researchers, and individuals to develop a platform for the next generation of read-write Web applications. This role is full time with benefits and 100% remote but needs to be local to Chicago-land.
Required Skills & Experience
- The optimal candidate will have a bachelors in computer science or similar experience.
- Professional level skills with Angular JS and Angular 1.0
- Has worked remotely before
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Big plus for experience with React
- Bonus for having some Python experience
- Gold Star for being able to take ownership, and lead in your own projects.
What You Will Be Doing
- 90% Front End | 10% Back End
- 85% Architecture | 15% Coding
- 100% New | 0% Maintenance
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- And more!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.