Hybrid Data Engineer / Data Scientist for IoT Startup
Date:May 22, 2020
Office:Jobspring Los Angeles - MWD
This tech job in Glendale, CA brought to you by Jobspring
An Internet of things company in Glendale that specializes in creating SaaS energy saving solutions is hiring a Seasoned Hybrid Data Scientist/Engineer. As a startup company with a team of three software engineers, you will be the first data hire, responsible for both building ETL pipelines and interpreting that data to cut energy costs for clients. This position provides the ability for you to choose which tools should be used as you will establish the baseline for the Data team.
For this role on the engineering side you should be comfortable building ETL pipelines from scratch, as well as, constructing and organizing the data warehouse. The data is currently stored with MySQL and InfluxDB. On the data science side you should be comfortable building data models, data visualization, data analysis, and applying AI and Machine Learning to provide the energy savings.
This startup also received a new round of funding and are currently thriving within their market center. The role offers medical benefits, stock options, work flexibility with remote options, and a competitive base salary.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of Data Science and Data Engineering experience
- Ability/knowhow to build the baseline for a data team
- Extensive experience building ETLs from scratch
- Experience with data models/visualization/analysis
- Ability to apply AI and Machine Learning
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prior experience in interpreting data to cut costs/save energy
- Interest in building a data team based on your own creations
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience working in a startup environment
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Data Engineering
- 50% Data Science
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Time Off
- Stock Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- Remote Options
- New Office Space
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.