Date:March 13, 2018
Office:Jobspring Los Angeles - MWD
This tech job in Los Angeles, California brought to you by Jobspring
A fast-growing Media company in DTLA is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their team. This company focuses on domestic politics and long-form policy pieces. The DevOps team as currently constituted is composed of multiple senior level engineers who are looking for a mid-level-level engineer who they can mentor.
Their tech stack is as follows: Linux, AWS, Python, Ansible and Jenkins. It is not required that the applicant possess all of these skills – even just two would suffice! All the client asks is that the candidate is excited to work with new technology in a start-up culture.
Required Skills & Experience
- Linux Systems Administration
- Ansible, Puppet, or Chef automation
- AWS Cloud Administration
- Python scripting
- CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, TFS
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to write complex test scripts that are portable, re-usable, and maintainable
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, and organized
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Scripting (Bash, Python, Powershell)
- 40% Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- 60% Hands On
- 20% Management Duties
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $65/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 3 – 6 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.