Senior Devops/ Kubernetes/ AWS
Date:October 16, 2020
DetailsOur client is defined by a passionate team that leverages proprietary technology and a groundbreaking big data infrastructure to transform the way customers buy adult beverages, starting with the $72B U.S. wine industry. They offer the nation's only plug-and-play platform for digital merchants and brick-and-mortar retailers alike to rapidly start marketing award-winning wine online to their customers across the USA. Their DTC division Wine Insiders, an industry pioneer with 38 years of heritage and two million happy customers, is the nation's Direct to Consumer wine leader. Through partnerships with nationally-recognized food & lifestyle influencers like Martha Stewart and Geoffrey Zakarian, Wine Insiders is looking to extend its leadership position.
Their passionate Technology team is responsible for building a patent portfolio of cutting-edge products that leverage data science, big data, and machine learning to transform how people buy wine. We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who will be working within the DevOps team, partnering closely with the Software Engineering team, and supporting our platform to be secure, durable and extensible. This role will report to the Director of DevOps and is a regular, full-time, exempt position based out of our Los Angeles office.
We're looking for a motivated and passionate Senior DevOps Engineer with high attention to detail and a professional, methodical and technical approach to the execution of software in a cloud architecture. The ideal candidate has experience building a scalable and maintainable cloud computing environment as well as managing processes and projects.
What You'll Do
- Work on and assist with the system architecture within Azure
- Assist in building and maintaining highly available systems on Kubernetes
- Update and help improve build and deployment processes
- Implement and manage CI/CD pipelines
- Operationally support existing AWS Infrastructure
- Take on special projects as necessary
- Azure cloud computing environment
- Docker and Kubernetes production experience
- Knowledge and familiarity with Kubernetes services such as istio, knative, Prometheus, etc.
- Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, git/GitHub, Chef, Ansible and Packer
- Writing automation tools and scripts with languages such as Python, bash, preferably Go
- Linux server administration
- Production system monitoring tools and frameworks
- Tuning and optimization of database management systems
- Installation, configuring and tuning of application servers and frameworks such as nginx, Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of cyber security best practices and guidelines
- Experience in AWS utilizing EC2, S3, ELB/ALB, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, ElasticSearch, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, CodeDeploy
- Ability to collaborate with engineering team as well as work independently on projects
- Exceptional time management and ability to problem solve under pressure
- Excellent judgment skills and team working abilities
- Very strong verbal/written communication skills & excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility in work schedule as needs arise
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience at a start or similar fast-paced tech environment
- A passion for wine!
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health coverage, 401k with company match, paid parking or monthly commuter incentive, paid parental leave, weekly catered lunches, wine tastings and happy hours, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer 12 paid Holidays and a flexible vacation policy.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Motion Recruitment provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.