Help Desk/ Junior Sys Admin/ 100% Mac
Date:October 16, 2020
DetailsWould you like to make an impact on a small team? Do you enjoy working with others to solve complex problems? Our client's team designs, builds, implements, and supports robust solutions to support their organizational goals and objectives. Our client designs, deploys, and operates high capacity data networks that serve over 20 million students, educators, and researchers throughout California.
Location: two California offices, our headquarters in La Mirada, and a smaller office in Berkeley. This position is based in our La Mirada office but please note that our staff is currently working remotely due to COVID-19. This position will start remotely with the expectation to come into the office once conditions improve
Key Success Factors
- Experience as a Systems Administrator in a highly collaborative, large environment
- Expertise in supporting a geographically and technically diverse enterprise environment
- Play an active role as a co-worker, expert resource, and individual contributor
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentoring to less-experienced systems administrators
- Partner with colleagues to define requirements, plan, develop, and implement software and services used to instrument, manage, and troubleshoot large-scale networks
- Collaborate with team members to deliver an improved and modern environment by re-architecting existing legacy systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining systems infrastructure and applications
- Expertise with RHEL and Debian Linux distributions
- Exposure to Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, virtualized systems, and ELK desired
Why work for them?
- Company Culture: Small teams and a collaborative environment provide the opportunity to make a large impact in a small organization.
- Community Engagement: We work with research and education institutions in the largest state economy in the United States. The work you do has meaning.
- Health Benefits: We have generous medical benefits as well as dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Paid Time Off: We offer liberal vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
- Investment in Your Future: They will contribute to your 403(b) even if you don't. We also offer matching contributions on top of that.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Motion Recruitment provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.