Data Scientist at Global Media Company
Date:February 14, 2020
City:New York, NY
Office:Jobspring New York - SWD
This tech job in New York, NY brought to you by Jobspring
A leading global diversified mass media company in looking to hire a Data Scientist to join their team! They have over 3,000 employees across the nation and publishes dozens of daily and weekly newspaper, print and digital. This media company is looking to build out their Data team in the Newspaper division to create the next generation of data products and capabilities. The Data Scientist will be taking ownership of their code and help implement machine learning predictive models with modern ML tools.
Ideally, this Data Scientist will have experience working with Python and SQL. Any experience with cloud & big data tools will be a plus.
This is the perfect chance to growth technically with a leader in the industry!
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Experience with working in Python and SQL
- Experience with ML tools such as SciLearn and Pandas
- Comfortable working with GCP
- Excellent communication
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working in a data intensive environment
- Familiarity with Spark or Hadoop is a plus
- Exposure to any cloud platform is also a plus
What You Will Be Doing
- You would be working on a variety of data science projects, specifically focusing on implementing ML-based predictive models and writing production worth code
- 100% Data Science
- 90% Hands on development
- 10% Working cross-functionally with the Digital Marketing & Business Intelligence team.
- Competitive annual salary up to $155,000
Your benefits will include:
- Full health benefit including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) options
- PTO & vacation policies
- Defined pension plan options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.