Data Scientist- Mid Level
Date:August 10, 2020
City:New York, NY
Office:Jobspring New York - SWD
This tech job in New York, NY brought to you by Jobspring
An International media company is looking to hire a Data Scientist to join their growing team. This company publishes dozens of daily and weekly newspaper, print and digital media. They are looking to build out their Newspaper devision Data team in order to create the next generation data products. This Data Scientist will be taking ownership of multiple projects and help implement machine learning predictive models with modern ML tools.
Ideally, this Data Scientist will have experience working with Python and SQL. Any experience with cloud & big data tools will be a plus. Exposure to NLP and regression modeling are also big plusses.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years experience in Data Science
- Experience with Python and SQL
- Experience with ML tools as well as SciLearn, Pandas
- Excellent communication
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working in a data intensive environment
- Familiarity with Spark or Hadoop is a plus
- Exposure to any cloud platform is also a plus
- Exposure to NLP and regression modeling
What You Will Be Doing
- You would be working on a variety of data science projects, specifically focusing on implementing ML-based predictive models and writing production worth code
- 100% Data Science
- 90% Hands on development
- 10% Working cross-functionally with the Digital Marketing & Business Intelligence team.
- Competitive annual salary up to $135,000.
Your benefits will include:
- Full health benefit including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) options
- PTO & vacation policies
- Defined pension plan options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.