Senior Juniper Network Engineer
Date:September 16, 2020
Office:Jobspring Philadelphia - NIN
This tech job in Philadelphia, PA brought to you by Jobspring
A large financial services firm in Philadelphia is hiring a Senior Network Engineer to build and maintain their network infrastructure both on-prem and cloud. Their core technologies include Juniper routers and switches, Palo Alto firewalls, and Cisco VoIP and are thus, looking for several years of experience with those specific technologies. They are a hybrid environment with Amazon Web Services so any cloud networking will be helpful to being successful in this role. They are also looking for prior experience with SD-WAN technologies, preferably Silver Peak.
This is a great opportunity to solidify your skills while gaining more experience with cloud technologies, increasing marketability in the industry. Culturally, this Consultant should be able to work autonomously and have experience working on projects from start to finish. There will be a team to support On-Call rotations.
Due to the current climate, this role will also start remotely, but as they are local to Center City Philadelphia, will need to be able to access their office via public transportation or car.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4-5 years of experience with Juniper routers and switches
- Demonstrated ability to configure and implement Palo Alto firewalls
- Cisco Call Manager and other Cisco telephony and voice experience
- Prior experience with SD-WAN or SDN technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities
- Up to date Cisco or Juniper certifications (e.g. CCNP or JNCP)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Cloud networking experience (preferably in AWS)
- Degree from an accredited four-year university (preferably in a STEM field)
- Prior experience with Silver Peak for Software Defined Networking
- Prior Experience in the financial industry
What You Will Be Doing
- 30% Juniper Routing and Switching
- 30% Palo Alto Firewalls
- 20% Cisco VoIP and Telephony
- 20% SD-WAN and Cloud Networking
- 60% Engineering and Maintenance
- 40% Complex Troubleshooting
- Competitive Pay: Up to $125k, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.