Mid-Level iOS Engineer (Drones/AI Startup)
Date:March 13, 2018
City:Redwood City, CA
Office:Jobspring San Jose - SWD
This tech job in Redwood City, CA brought to you by Jobspring
Interested in joining an early stage, pre- Series B drone startup in the heart of Redwood City? Our client, founded by GoogleX & Stanford alumni, is revolutionizing the drone experience. Their cutting-edge technology has two components. One side focused on creating a virtual experience for your everyday consumer and the other focused on security and asset inspection for enterprise/government customers. They recently closed an independent round of funding coming from some of the biggest players in Silicon Valley.
They are currently seeking a talented mid-level iOS Engineer to join their small, dynamic team. With their external consumer app still in its prototype phase you’ll have a ton of ownership and impact in your role.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Expert familiarity with software development in Objective C and/or Swift
- You’ve released a consumer-facing iOS application
- A strong foundation in computer science, with deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms and software design
Desired Skills & Experience
- A familiarity with real-time video processing, encoding, streaming, etc.
- Previous development experience using drone software
- Drone/UAV piloting experience is a bonus
What You Will Be Doing
- 85% Programming in Swift
- 15% Objective-C
- 100% designing, implementing, testing, launching, and maintaining major iOS features
- Competitive salaries + meaningful equity
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Monthly team “adventure” outings
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible hours
- Team fun at the office (VR rooms, ping pong, video games)
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.