3D Graphics Engineer (Bringing the AR Cloud)
Date:April 16, 2018
City:San Francisco , CA
Office:Jobspring San Jose - SWD
This tech job in San Francisco , CA brought to you by Jobspring
Our client is an early stage augmented reality startup that is aiming to create a cloud-based 3D map of the world that would allow developers to get some actual utility from phone-based AR. After about 6 years of research at one of the most reputable universities, the team came to San Francisco to make their research a reality.
The growing team is looking to hire a 3D Graphics Engineer to build the way developers and users with see the output of their computer vision systems. In this role, you will be developing prototype interactions that show-off system capabilities and you’ll have the opportunity to work with sparse and dense point clouds. If you are interested in disrupting the AR space through mobile phones than apply now. Interviews happening this week/early next!
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, or related field
- 6+ years of industry experience developing computer/mobile games
- Strong understanding of programmable shading and GPU computing
- Ability to develop a 3D game engine
- Significant programming experience with C++, CUDA, C# and/or Python
- Experience with OpenGL
- Extensive background in Unity
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a game studio and/or AR/VR startup developing graphics
- Experience with image processing
- Some familiarity with AR SDK’s (i.e. Tango, HoloLens, ARkit, Vuforia, etc.)
- Knowledge of dense reconstruction algorithms and/or 3D post estimation/tracking
What You Will Be Doing
- 85% C++ programming
- 15% C#/Unity programming
- 85% Hands-on programming
- 15% Design
- Competitive Salary: Up to $175K/year, DOE + equity
- Monthly team outings
- Daily catered lunches/snacks
- Adventure allowance
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.