Date:March 13, 2018
City:San Francisco, CA
Office:Jobspring San Francisco - NIN
This tech job in San Francisco, CA brought to you by Jobspring
A cryptocurrency start-up looking to build out an Engineering team here in downtown San Francisco is looking for a Kubernetes Engineer to join their team. This bootstrap start-up builds a real time trading platform for digital currencies. Doing over half a billion dollars of Bitcoin transactions a day, this start-up does more Bitcoin (BTC) trading than any other platform in the world.
Reporting directly to the VP of Engineering and working closely with another Senior DevOps Engineer, this Kubernetes Engineer will spearheading the company’s DevOps initiative by bring Kubernetes (k8s) from design into a production. This Kubernetes Engineer should have prior experience introducing Kubernetes for a company from start to finish. However, the projects
Required Skills for Kubernetes Engineer
- 7+ years of experience managing Linux based systems
- 3+ years managing AWS in production
- Kubernetes in production
- Scripting experience with Python
- Configuration management using Ansible
- Experience with Hashicorp’s products; Terraform, Packer, Vault, etc.
- Monitoring experience with technologies like CloudWatch, New Relic, Data Dog, etc.
- Knowledge of security at OS, container and application levels.
Desired Skills for Kubernetes Engineer
- Experience creating DevOps environments from scratch
- Experience managing security audits
- Strong logging experience
- Experience building out an infrastructure team
What you will be doing
- 50% Implementing Kubernetes
- 30% Automation including using Hashicorp tools
- 20% Building out the monitoring and logging environments
- Competitive base salary
- Monthly profit sharing
- Health, dental and vision
- Flexible hours