Remote Senior Cloud Solutions architect
Date:May 22, 2020
Office:Jobspring Toronto - MWD
This tech job in Toronto, ON brought to you by Jobspring
As a member of the Cloud Solutions team, you will work directly with the AWS Practice Team to inspire leading organizations to transform their IT infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies with the innovative power of Amazon Web Services, and other innovative technology solutions. Our consulting services methodology enables organizations to benefit from the elasticity, scalability, security, and reliability of the cloud-based on industry best practices - regardless of where they are in their cloud adoption journey.
As a Google Cloud Premier Services Partner and an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner, we help shape the future of how technology is used in the workplace. We've earned several Google awards including North America Partner of the Year in 2016, 2015, and 2018.
Locations – Remote. Desired markets include Chicago, Atlanta, Cleveland, Columbus, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Detroit.
Reports to – AWS Practice Lead
Direct reports – None
- Build strategic relationships with C-level executives and key business leaders to promote our portfolio of cloud solutions.
- Become a trusted advisor to senior IT and business executives within key accounts to create a long-term partnership with customers and ensure these strategic relationships result in customers becoming a public reference.
- Lead in territory and pipeline development, working collaboratively with Inside Sales Associates and Sales Engineers to maximize business results in the territory and generate sales opportunities with large enterprise customers.
- Drive revenue, forecast accurately, and achieve strategic goals by leading customers through the entire business cycle.
- Manage multiple opportunities through the entire cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serve as the primary customer contact for all cloud adoption-related activities.
- Explore and understand complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level. Engage, educate, and ensure the satisfaction of the installed base.
- Develop a deep understanding of our company’s Cloud Solutions as well as the AWS Cloud.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years field sales experience in selling enterprise infrastructure technology solutions, with a demonstrated track record in reaching and exceeding sales goals.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with infrastructure solutions, including one or more of the following:
- Infrastructure services (i.e. IaaS, PaaS, FaaS), public cloud (i.e. GCP, AWS, Azure) virtualization (i.e. VMware, Hyper-V, Hyperconverged), managed hosting, DR
- Infrastructure automation tools (i.e. Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Service Mesh)
- Cloud and Network Security (i.e. Web Application and Next Generation firewalls, Endpoint protection, Intrusion prevention/vulnerability
- Ability to lead a complex sales cycle through all stages of the opportunity lifecycle, including prospecting via email, calls, and conferences/events, qualification, proposal and SOW development, and contract negotiations.
Experience using CRM system such as Salesforce.com.
- Excellent written/verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to build influential relationships with both C-level and Director level IT executives.
- Ability to assess customer challenges, perform qualification, clearly articulate our value proposition, and ask for the business.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience selling AWS solutions.
- 5+ years of experience selling infrastructure solutions, including one or more of the following:
- Infrastructure services (i.e. IaaS, PaaS, FaaS), public cloud (i.e. GCP, AWS, Azure) virtualization (i.e. VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer), managed hosting, DR.
- Infrastructure automation tools (i.e. Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Service Mesh).
- Cloud and Network Security (i.e. Web Application and Next Generation firewalls, Endpoint protection, Intrusion prevention/vulnerability.
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively operate and deliver results in a high energy and cross-functional environment.
It is the policy of to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code 125.111 and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal.
We will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.